Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17, 2008

First, I would like to thank everyone for their support in me for writing this blog and for your emails and comments!

For an update:
I am actually going to see another doctor for a second opinion on May 5th regarding the Spinal Cord Stimulator. It just worries me because it is a big surgery and I recently found out alot more information on it. I will have more info on the next blog regarding the RSD gathering in Tampa.
Unfortunately, the RSD has spread up into both knees more aggressively since the last blog. So now, I have RSD from my feet to my knees in both legs. For the past few weeks, Mom has been wheeling me around on my walker and we finally broke down and ordered a wheelchair (which will be here this afternoon!). We decided to go the wheelchair route because everytime I go out anywhere or even from my room to the bathroom, with the walker, I almost fall over due to having so much unbearable pain. I thought the walker was a big deal when I had to get that, but now having to get a wheelchair is even harder to imagine! Also, with Mom's fibromyalgia and her helping me around is getting harder for her and is putting more strain on her arms.
So, that's what has been going on here lately.
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions regarding RSD.
~Rebecca~

No comments: